Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Present Continuous Tense for Recovering Loiterers

Celebrity Coach

Ben Saunders



Simple Present: I train for IronMan

Simple Past: I trained for IronMan

Past Continuous: I was training for IronMan

Present Perfect: I have trained for IronMan

Present Continuous: I am training for IronMan

Present Perfect Continuous: I have been training for IronMan

Past perfect: I had trained for IronMan

Past Perfect Continuous: I had been training for IronMan

Simple Future: I will train for Ironman

Future Continuous: I will be training for IronMan

Future Perfect: I will have trained for IronMan

Future Perfect Continuous: I will have been training for IronMan


Simple Present: I eat McRibs

Simple Past: I ate McRibs

Past Continuous: I was eating McRibs

Present Perfect: I have eaten McRibs

Present Continuous: I am eating McRibs

Present Perfect Continuous: I have been eating McRibs

Past Perfect: I had eaten McRibs

Past Perfect Continuous: I had been eating McRibs

Simple Future: I will eat McRibs

Future Continuous: I will be eating McRibs

Future Perfect: I will have eaten McRibs

Future Perfect Continuous: I will have been eating McRibs



Blog Update Narrative:


I was training for IronMan

I trained for IronMan

I am training for IronMan

I ate McRibs

I was eating McRibs

I had eaten McRibs

I had been training for IronMan

I have been eating McRibs

I am training for IronMan

I will train for IronMan

I will be training for Ironman

I will have trained for IronMan

I will have been training for IronMan

I will have eaten McRibs


Recent Training: 12/5 Warm up: 200m free, 200m pull, 200m kick, 200m free

1800m free

12/8 Warm up: 1.5 hours trainer,

Strength training routeen

12/18 Warm up: 200m free, 200m pull, 200m kick, 200m free

1800m free


You'll notice the 10 days without any activity. It's the 10 busiest days of work this year and there is a French exam final in there. I've been a little fatigued and not wanting to spread myself thin. However, the premise of the blog was to write when not training or to write about training. I've been slacking. I had much more planned for this entry, but I think I'll save it for the next one.

3 comments:

Jeff Nielsen said...

I used to appreciate this post, until I realized that to appreciate it one would need at least two additional tenses, both of which are 'present' in this comment.

Jeff Nielsen said...

Actually, I've thought of a third tense you have shamelessly omitted and that I will use in this comment. Include it yourself!

Schomaker's said...

love it!!!